Starbucks is undoubtedly one of the best retailers of beautifully satisfying caffeinated drinks. With an annual revenue of $10.7 billion and over 18,000 shops in 40 countries, Starbucks is so popular worldwide, it doesn’t even put its brand name on the cups anymore.
So, let’s checkout some crazy-cool facts about your favourite cafe.
- There are over 87,000 possible drink combinations at Starbucks
- Starbucks has added an average of 2.5 stores on a daily basis since 1987. There are currently 21,536 Starbucks stores around the world. What’s even crazier is from 2010 to today, there were 4,678 – so if you do math, it will be 2.5 stores / day on an average.
- Starbucks spends more on the healthcare insurance of its employees than on its coffee beans – last year it spent whopping $300 million on its employees’ health insurance.
- At 916 mL – the Starbucks Trenta contains more liquid than the average human stomach can hold
- A Venti Starbucks Coffee contains five times the caffeine of a Red Bull.
- The original Starbucks logo showed a suggestively posed mermaid with exposed breasts.
- Starbucks had 137,000 employees or “partners” as they call them in 2010. This is twice the population of Greenland.
- Starbucks uses over 93 million gallons of milk per year, enough to fill 155 Olympic-sized swimming pools
- There’s a Ban on Smells. Since aroma is so crucial for a great Starbucks experience, the employees are asked not to use any perfume, customers are restricted to smoke and in no circumstances pastrami can be stored in the premise.